Thread: Long Term Relationships and the Value of "Yes Dear"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Long Term Relationships and the Value of "Yes Dear"

I've been lucky. I've been with my wife for 24 years. I finally learned to do what my older friends told me. The sooner you say "yes Dear" life is easier.
    As a young man I had many short term relationships. It was in the "free love" days of the 60's and 70's. I left many great girls for selfish reasons. It was fun until it stopped working. After lot's of suffering I took a personal inventory and saw how selfish I'd been. I stayed single for a while to learn how to be alone, and started over when I met my wife.
    Now I know why some of my more stubborn friends are so unhappy.
    I've got a couple friends, Tom and John. They're both my age but very negative and bitter. Both talented guys who worked hard and are retired. They're both single. They both need help to take care of everyday needs, but they're alone and miserable. Tom has kids and grandkids, but they aren't in his life. Sadly I can now see why. That would've been me. I spent lots of time sharing my experience with Tom and some with John, but old dogs and new tricks come to mind.

In helping Tom and John I just had a revelation. I'm not alone and miserable like I easily could've been. I feel blessed that I gave up my self seeking defects young to get a life.

My wife blessed me with stepdaughters, grandkids, and great grandkids. They all love me and most of them would help me if I need it. It's good to be surrounded by loved ones! Even if they keep you awake some nights
    Anyone else benefiting from the "yes dear" philosophy?
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 11-12-2018 at 5:08 PM. Reason: correct typo at OP's request
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford