As I rearrange my shop to accommodate the new A3-31 combo I have on order, I find myself contemplating each machine's frequency of use and space requirements. Currently my table saw/router table/outfeed table has the biggest footprint (60" x 72" wide) and occupies center stage and is only semi-mobile. The way I currently use my shop, that prime real estate is deserved. I expect to give the new Hammer a similar status and location. My current 15" planer is mobile and I find myself avoiding using it because dragging it out is a PITA, so the new tool needs to be more readily available. My 16-32 sander is also mobile, but it is light to move, and I don't mind pulling it our to use, so it will continue to be mobile. The smallish Drill Press and Band Saw are both stationary, but situated along walls and don't interfere with using the bigger equipment. The other current space hog that isn't mobile is the Miter Saw station. I'm thinking its usage doesn't warrant the current space requirements and will probably build a mobile cabinet with flip up wings or something that can be pushed out of the way. The final piece of the puzzle is my workbench. The location and proximity to the hand tools works well and isn't up for discussion.

Do you folks have a similar way of choosing your shop layouts, or you fortunate enough to plenty of floor space and everything has room? What are your priorities?