Over the last couple of years I've been picking up sharpening stones and other accessories as I found them at garage & estate sales, Craigslist, SMC and I even bought a new Japanese water stone from LV and a granite block from Woodcraft earlier this year. Here's what I've got shown in the pics...

Pic1: A small leather strop on wood; some type of round Norton stone, I don't know the grits but looks like possibly a medium and fine; 3 Norton stones (oil?) fine (India), Medium (Crystolon) & Course (Crystolon); 2 small stones one unused (marked SB-134), don't know grits on either; 2 stones in boxes that appear to be the same; another Norton stone (Hard Arkansas HM6) and I don't know the grit on this one either.
Pic 2&3: Ceramic stones by Spyderco in Medium, Fine and Ultra Fine grits.
Pic 4: King Stone Japanese watersone from Lee Valley in 4000 grit.
Pic 5: Granite block and honing compound (green)
Pic 6: 2 Diamond plates (unknown grits, can't even say which one is finer between the two plates, don't know if they are still good); DMT plate (green, which I believe is 1200 mesh (is mesh the same as grit?) and leather for stropping.

I've watched Paul Sellers videos for sharpen a plane iron and sharpening new Aldi chisels a few times. In those vids IIRC he sharpens the chisels using sandpaper on plate glass, then diamond stones and strops with a wood block and finally leather. Can't recall what he used to sharpen the plane irons.

So I to know what would you guys recommend of these sharpening tools I should be using or what do I need? I've requested our public library deliver the Ron Hock and Leonard Lee to my local neighborhood library for reading. Any and all help appreciated!

Mike

IMG_8937.jpgIMG_8940.jpgIMG_8941.jpgIMG_8942.jpgIMG_8944.jpgIMG_8945.jpg