I recently got a 19" Grizzly. What it really came down to was how much I would use the saw and what capacities I felt I needed. I also had to get it into a basement shop which meant height and weight could be an issue. I finally set a budget of around $1500 (knowing that I would go over a bit). I ended up with a choice between the Laguna 18BX and the Grizzly. I would have liked to have ended up with a saw in your top tier but it just didn't make sense for my uses. I really think you need to decide if you are ok with spending top tier money. If you are then I would skip those saws not in it. That SCM saw looks like a real nice saw but, for me, it would have been $3500 with shipping.

With the second tier machines you may have to do a little tweaking or work to get it to perform at it's best. In my case the urethane tires were bad. Some people aren't ok with this, and I get it. Who would buy a new car then have to spend a few weeks to make it run the best it could. When going the used route a lot of the top tier machines spent their lives in a commercial shop. That should be an issue since that's where they were designed to be. Unfortunately, depending on the shop, they may have been abused by workers who didn't really care. Even then you can find them at a reduced price as long as you don't mind doing repairs or living with a machine that looks well used.

The three saws I eventually decided on would be the Rikon 10-342, the Grizzly G0514X (ended up with the X2), and the Laguna 18BX. The Rikon was a good 100lbs lighter and only 2hp. It did have a very easy way to adjust the blade guides but the trunnion didn't look as nice. It looked like it was gear driven but not a cast iron machined one. The Laguna had the biggest resaw of the 3. It was the front runner. About the only down side was that getting support and parts still seams to be an issue and the trunnion was half cast iron and half aluminum. I did get to see one at a Rockler and was waiting for it to come on the usual 10% off sale. Then there was the Grizzly. The X2 weighed the most of the 3 but still not too much to get it where I needed. The resaw was the least of the 3 at 12" but it seamed like either 12" was enough or I would want to step up to at least 20" so I could cut the face of a large bowl blank (the Laguna was very tempting). The Grizzly had the best table of the 3 by far. The rack and pinion system to tilt the table makes for a very solid table and adjusting it is effortless. There were reports of the Grizzly having an issue with vibrations but going with US made tires solved it and I'm under the cost of the Laguna (thanks to a 10% off coupon) that I can get a Resaw King blade for it.

Hope this helps.