Thread: Woodworking as a hobby

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Woodworking as a hobby

I work with wood as a hobby. When I come home from work, I fiddle with wood or my tools not watch tv etc.. I am a lawyer (public defender) by trade and work with wood for fun. I am grateful that I do not rely on my woodworking skills to make a living. I have other hobby’s, fishing, trucks, aquariums. But working with wood is the most gratifying.

I recently was asked to restore a child’s high chair made of koa. The thing was just gray from being in the garage for years. When I was done and returned it to the owner, a friend, the response I received was much more fulfilling than I expected. Apparently the chair was in the family for decades and there was some animosity because it was kind of cast aside to the garage to the dismay of others. It was built by the patriarch of the family. Point is, It was not a paid job, but it made me feel great. Meaningful. I’ve only received great feedback at the creek, and I am thankful. In other forums with other hobbies, there is just so much trash talk. Thank you all. I will be a contributor very soon.

__rotated.jpg

133826E6-6A35-4C49-9832-85C6E6C18FE2.jpg

Dont know now why the first photo is sideways..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 10-17-2018 at 8:51 AM. Reason: Rotated first photo