I have read and read reviews on various shop vacs, cfm, water pressure and general opinion. I cannot afford the Festool and some of the ones I am considering are pushing it. My fein died. I wish I could say I was impressed with it but I was not. My Golden Retriever dog hair would plug it up in no time. I do plan to use an Oneida dust deptut with the vac. My choices are the Ridgid 16 or 14. This one is the cheapest even after outfitting it with tool assist plugs and adj. speed and special tubing. Approx. 200. Downside is it is louder and probably will not last. The Fein turbo 2 or 1. It seems the 1 has just as much power as the 2. The 2 is pushing 500 with accessaries, w/o acc. 450. The 1 is around 260 or 350. Many like it but c/o of the tool function failing and the tube failing. Plus, will I be dissappointed with hair pick up as before. The Makita seems to be a great vac. but is 439 and 500 with acc. Plus it is top heavy which can be cleared up if secured to a cart. Finally is the Nilfisk alto which sells for 355 with acc. or the Attix which sells for 589.(Definitely pushing it). The cfm is 127 vs. 135. Both have the onboard tool attatchment and the Attic has the adj. suction. Any help from anyone that has these vacs would be appretiated.