Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
I don't understand the logic of "they didn't call me back so I bought the one that did call me back". If you're buying something for a hobby, I understand that, but if you're buying it for a business, then call twice, call 3 times, get in the car and drive somewhere to see it. If it's the best for your business, then some times you need to do what it takes to get it there.
For me, it's pretty simple and this applies to any company I deal with: If a company doesn't respond to inquiries about their products, I'm not going to keep making inquires; I'm going to move on to a more receptive company who IS responsive. Their business is to sell their products. If they aren't receptive to selling to me, then I'm not receptive to buying from them. There's no emotion involved with my decision to stop trying to get product information, in this case from ULS.

Sometimes a business may not actually know what it needs. That's the time a product vendor should be stepping up to assess and fill the needs of your business. If you know exactly what your business needs and it is only being offered by one particular vendor (aka a monopoly), then it certainly may be worth the time to aggressively pursue the non-responsive business to purchase their products.

As an example, If a customer approaches you with a job and you don't respond, do you believe the customer should continue to approach you two, three, or four times because it is best for them? Most likely they would not and you would have lost the opportunity to do business. Do it enough and you'll either learn from the experience and become more responsive, or you'll lose business to others. Money doesn't care who earns it.

I am hopeful that I'm not coming across as complaining. My intent is to share my experiences with others so that they may be better informed when making their purchase decisions.