Thread: Insurance rip off?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Another new rip off with auto insurance. Wife and I just bought another vehicle. The older car is not being driven as a daily driver anymore. Insurance tripled on that car. This car is 14 years older than the new one. Insurance calls it an excess vehicle now. What the heck?

On the other note on the pharma companies. Wife had a prescription that was going to cost us $98 if we filed insurance. The co-pay was $24. We ended up not filing and paid out of pocket to the tune of $4. Now you know why they can build a new drug store on every corner in town. I'm in the wrong business/

My Pharmacy gives one RX I have for FREE .
    Received a letter from my Insurance saying I can no longer get my med there. In order to SAVE MONEY I would have to go through their mail order process.
    You know I just had to call and ask how I was going to save money mail order when the RX was free at my Pharmacy. I was off the phone very quick.

I was with my old auto/home insurance for I bet 30 years. Rates kept creeping up. so for fun I got a quote from another insurance company. I was getting ripped off so bad the new agent stayed past closing time to make sure her quote was correct. She could not believe what I was paying. We saved around $1,200 a year.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 08-13-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I haven't changed insurance companies since... later today.

Our car insurance is really pricey. Not only are we in Michigan but I also have my daughter, who seems unable to keep the sheetmetal of the car she's driving from finding the sheetmetal of other cars.

It also went up when I had to replace my 14 year old minivan, totaled by someone that decided their phone was more important that traffic lights. It's been a rough two years for the fleet at the house.

-Tom

I was with my old auto/home insurance for I bet 30 years. Rates kept creeping up. so for fun I got a quote from another insurance company.
    Yep....
    Cable & satellite TV companies aren't the only ones that body slam "loyal customers".
    Everybody these days does it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

With 5 vehicles and 5 drivers on our policy, we recently discovered that we SAVED money by ADDING an umbrella policy--the premium reduction on our auto insurance more than covered the cost of the umbrella policy by quite a bit.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I was with my old auto/home insurance for I bet 30 years. Rates kept creeping up. so for fun I got a quote from another insurance company. I was getting ripped off so bad the new agent stayed past closing time to make sure her quote was correct. She could not believe what I was paying. We saved around $1,200 a year.
    We ran into your same situation a few years ago. Had been with the same insurance carrier for 10+ years and the rates just kept going up. Shopped around a little bit and halved the premium. I think the original carrier was charging big city rates but we don't live that close to big city and haven't gone there is many years. Perhaps their assumption is that if you live near Big City, you drive there regularly.