Thread: Made on Epilog

Cool

Very cool guys !
    Rabbit Laser HX3040
    Corel Draw X3, Photopaint
    Newly Draw (very basic)
    Photograv

2. I'm very impressed.

With my eyes and hands the cway they are at the moment I can only dream about doing something like that.

But in my dreams they're pretty good.

Well done

Regards

Roy N.

One word...WOW!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Man

BEAUTIFUL

May have to try something like that !

Who am I kidding I will leave that up to the real artists.

Just out of curiosity what are the general steps and how many hours does it take to create something like that ?
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

holy cow

Please don't come to SoCal. If you do I'll have to give away my laser. These examples are incredible.
    Dr. Rags

Where have you guys been? That's remarkable! Come on and give us more.

Thanks very much.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here's one for you all:

The coal tower, cabooses, loco tenders, water tower, and station, as well as the ties under the tracks are all laser cut, mostly from plywood, but the tender sides are rastered from black ADA sign plastic.

-Robert

GET OUT OF HERE! That's impossibly fantastic! A far cry from the typical RR models I've seen. wow and wow. All three of you are doing a great job.

- jealously, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

VERY, VERY AWESOME!!!

Are you guys using the 1.5 lense?
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Thank You , You Just Don't Know

I want to "Thank You" guys for posting these pic's. I'm more of a reader than a poster here on SMC so usually when I post a response you really hit a note ! These are Great Works of Art not to be confused with laser graphic's/work. I am very impressed ! Many people think that when the use of a laser/cnc is involved it is production work not art work, how wrong could they be. We use a mouse rather than a pin/brush and a beam of light as one of our tools, but the Artistic input is the same. I have a second "Thank You" the "you just don't know part". My wife is always complaining about all the time and detail I put into my work (even simple jobs), she say's I'm my own worst critic nobody looks that close but you, I tell her thats how I am, I want it right, even if I lose money on some jobs the quality always shines, and that sells more jobs. When I showed Her these pictures She was also so impressed she said "OK I'll Leave You Alone" and "you just don't know" how much help your artwork has been in my household. Thank you Again, Terry

Thanks so much David, Kim and Robert for posting with pics. AWESOME detail and execution. I bet many of us have seen stuff like yours on the big screen and did not realise it. It still amazes me what can be accomplished with simple materials, a vector software program and a laser. But the main ingredient needed is the creativity each of you have shown.
    Thanks again for sharing but don't stop there, keep the coming.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

It's all in the details

The details in these models are just simply amazing!
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

Made on Epilog

Ditto what everyone said. Really GREAT work. Y'all must have real steady hands and the patience of Job. I know miniatures and railroading are really big; how far do you carry your art/craft?

That is awesome, nice job~!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-04-2008 at 6:01 AM.
    William Desrochers - Bitmap to Vector Artist
    Excalibur Creations

Hey everyone, thanks for all the positive feedback!! It means a lot to hear good things from the laser pros here.

And its great to see some of the other miniaturists come out of the woodwork, too! I was beginning to think I was the only one doing scale miniatures here. You guys working in N scale are really pushing the envelope! HO is massive by comparison, great work there!!!

To answer some of the questions:

Its hard to say how much time went into it. As I'm relatively new to cutting model pieces on the laser, most of my time is spent figuring out how things should go together, and testing stuff that didn't work. With all the testing I did, I have about two more of these stations in the garbage pail! I keep thinking the next model project will go faster, but then I push the envelope so it takes the same time.

I started drawing a complete architectural plan of the station last fall. I then started translating those drawings into individual part drawings and cutting test pieces. Actual assembly of the finalized pieces was completed in about three weeks of spare time.

I'm using the standard lens that came with the Epilog. I read about the tighter focus lens, may give it a try someday, don't yet have the need.

The shingles are made from wide strips that look like saw teeth. Only the corner pieces are individually applied. I dont think the 3d feature would work well for that application but my next 3d attempt is a stone wall. I will post results!

Thanks again it really made me happy to read the posts here!

Dave