Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darn Fried Chicken!!!

Yep.....what Lee said. Backing into something with a trailer is not that far removed from doing it without a trailer. He probably felt it. If the dealership wont co-operate, makes me think it could of been one of their delivery /exchange drivers. Good luck
    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    You should have thrown the chicken at him and purposely missed him.....He'd have seen it .......stopped and got out to pick it up . Then you could have tackled him!
    LOL. Reminds me of Jack Handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Denby View Post
    Yep.....what Lee said. Backing into something with a trailer is not that far removed from doing it without a trailer. He probably felt it. If the dealership wont co-operate, makes me think it could of been one of their delivery /exchange drivers. Good luck
    Randy,

No cooperation from the dealership, and I never thought that it might have been one of their drivers! That makes a lot of sense. I don't have a lot of experience backing a trailer, except one with a boat on it. The only thing I have every really hit is the water. I would think he would have felt some resistance when he couldn't continue in reverse!

I meet with the insurance folks tomorrow morning.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    LOL . . .
    "I can't believe you didnt get three or four rounds in that thing before he got it out of reverse!" Funny thing about Savannah, no matter what you carry, the other person probably has something bigger - and more deadly!
    Shoot first.

Greg

Smile A somewhat happy ending

I met with the insurance adjuster this a.m. Because my hood won't open the full extent of the damage is still unknown. The adjuster evaluated all of the external damage, estimated the cost to repair, and cut me a check. I stopped by the body shop, gave them the estimate, they ordered the parts, and my car goes into the shop on Monday. Once they get the hood off and can check things out further they will work out the cost of further repairs with the insurance company.

All in all, a pretty simple process. My claim was handled very professionally and I am very pleased with the service. I get to keep my car for a little longer at least.

Thanks for all the advice.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

My oh my, Belinda, what a way to ease clogged arteries! My friend once pulled up to a stop in the right hand turn lane. A semi with trailer pulled up AFTER her in the thru lane to her left. He put on his blinker, and turned right. She saw the cab moving and tried to make her turn before he crushed her car. She nearly made it before the goose neck creamed her roof and shoved her and the car into a traffic light. She wasn't hurt but her Buick magically turned into a Bick and the settlement from the trucking company helped ease her car shopping woes - and her retirement fund.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.