Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally World offering engraved picture gifts

Fellows, we are treading on thin ice here as far as our TOS is concerned. I can understand and even agree with some of the passionate feelings regarding Wal-Mart but we are entering a political discussion area which has no place on SMC.

While it may be hard to find a supporter of this retailer on this forum their stores are full of them. Let's try to keep this a civil dialogue and on topic.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike, I agree that this is not the place to specifically have a go at a company or policy.

Now, I know that TOS is a TLA (you know, three letter abbreviation).
    Can you tell me what it means please?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Frank

I'm glad somebody else didn't know. It took me a while to figure it out. Terms of Service.
    It is located at the lower right of the screen and contains the SMC rules.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It took me a few days to realize SMC was not the infomercial site. I was able to figure it out all on my own.

I have delayed my decision to buy a laser for now due to the WM debate. I went to our local WM and they also have the display shown above. It was not shown in a prominent place and I had to be shown twice before I found the display. If this is the best they have I am a little less concerned. Is it much harder to make an 8x12 for the same price as their 5x7, $63? I don't know pricing so please let me know if I am way off.

If you are developing your marketing/business plan around what Wal-Mart does I would advise you to take some more time before buying the machine and re-think your strategy and your purchase.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

He He He.... I'm printing this and keeping it in my store to show customers.

The funny thing is that they are showing black and white etched parts in the glass. You will only get the white when etched - so this is false advertising at it's best. "Results may vary" has got to be somewhere in the small print... Unless they are etching with Atomic Art ability to put black in there....

As far as the prices - these guys are great! Come guys (& gals) think about it - we can do this far cheaper than they are offering it - when customers come in and say that no body can be Wal-Mart prices... WRONG!!!!

I sell this keychain with LED flashlight and 2D image for $12ish - and that's with a profit!

I sell the flat glass piece without the LED stand for <$20 finished - and that's with a stinking profit - to the point I feel guilty for making too much on it....

By the way - I do it while you wait - how long to you have to wait to go back to Wal-Mart to pick it up?

Did I say "He...He...He...?"
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Another Wall-Mart hater, I had to go in to one to get the new Eagles CD as a Xmas gift – they’re the only ones that sell it…
    First time I have been in one in ages, it made my skin crawl.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

I believe I read 3 weeks for delivery. Overseas job.

My emotions as I was there will not be mentioned due to the warning.
    Last edited by Kim Haubert; 01-02-2008 at 5:26 PM.

I haven't seen this in our local Walmart yet, but I have a "friend" (I use that loosely) who let me know at Christmas time that Sam's Club was selling engraved ornaments and other things and "if" I could beat their prices she would order from me. I told her to order them from Sam's Club. This is the same girl who supported me at my first craft show by buying nothing, and letting me know all about the craft show at the next town she was just at and spent money there. But I am supposed to let her know when my open house is so she can come have free coffee and donuts. I'll have a special cup waiting just for her No I wouldn't really do that but it's fun to think about.

Lisa

Reminder

Bring own coffee cup to Lisa's open houses
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Scira View Post
    Bring own coffee cup to Lisa's open houses

Hey I just thought of something........I could sell them the coffee cup, engrave it then fill it with coffee! HAHA!

just

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    Hey I just thought of something........I could sell them the coffee cup, engrave it then fill it with coffee! HAHA!
    just make sure it's a SMC mug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    But I am supposed to let her know when my open house is
    Lisa
    Lisa,
    I'd like some more details about your open house... (you can leave the details about whats in the special cup for your friend a secret )
    I have been contemplating "home parties" which are very big in my area for things like Home interiors and jewelry.
    Do you do it at your house... do you ask for hostesses to do it at their house? What kind of compensation would you give a hostess?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Buhse View Post
    Lisa,
    I'd like some more details about your open house... (you can leave the details about whats in the special cup for your friend a secret )
    I have been contemplating "home parties" which are very big in my area for things like Home interiors and jewelry.
    Do you do it at your house... do you ask for hostesses to do it at their house? What kind of compensation would you give a hostess?

The open house I will have will just be something simple where people can stop by and have a cup of coffee, maybe some cookies or donuts (I have a shop on my property separate from my house). Just a little something to get people inside to see what I can offer them Maybe a couple of coupons or something as door prizes.

I have an internet friend who lives in Pittsburgh, PA that has a laser. I don't think she is a member here.......but she has home parties to show her things. I have been meaning to get details from her because I am interested in the same thing. In fact, she is the reason I bought a laser. I had read about them several years ago but never knew any one with one. I met her on a game site (pogo) and she does mostly Italian Charms and other things on the side....but I believe the bulk of her business right now is Italian Charms. I asked her if she could make me a few glass dishes (casserole and pie plates) for Christmas and she said when she made them she showed them to a few people and they loved them and started carrying them as one of her items I will get some more info from her and share it with you. In fact, maybe I will just ask her to come here if she isn't already a member.

Lisa