Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experience with reciprocating saw?

I forgot about this thread but I'll take a moment to rant. I wish companies would make more bi-metal blades and stop telling me carbon steel is best for wood, they just don't last. I bought a carbide tipped blade for the recip saw and chainsaw but have not used them yet. The only carbide tip I could find for the recip saw was a finer tpi than I would like and they call it a concrete blade. Image if table saw blade companies said here you go all we have are high carbon table saw blades, that's 1965 all over again.

Blog Entries
    I have tried carbide tip sawzall blades. They are perfect for stumps and roots. The tang work hardens and breaks off long before they get dull.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    It's a lithium battery for sure. This is the first time I have looked inside a lithium battery pack. I may never need to again... I have a nephew who builds his own batteries for drones. I will see if he can help.
    It might be time to give a battery shop a try. It would be interesting to see if they reuse the spot welded buss bars.

Power Tool Battery Rebuilding And Repair Services – MTO Battery

Screen Shot 2024-09-22 at 8.26.38 AM.png

Or get up my courage and try myself...
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; Yesterday at 9:46 AM. Reason: https://youtu.be/9RL_dwPnofk?si=GW5kUwOFsjlwlSSl

My brother in law has ryobi 18v tools... including the recip saw... bought him off brand replacement brands from Amazon with higher amp hours for about $30 each... they last just as long as the originals from ryobi...
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=replaceme..._ts-doa-p_3_14
    Last edited by Ed Aumiller; Yesterday at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling