Thread: WTB Lie Nielsen Bronze #2

WTB Lie Nielsen Bronze #2

Looking to buy a user LN bronze #2. I am missing the #2 in my line up and do use all my LN planes. Not looking for the white bronze collectors edition just a user. Please send me a message if you have one your willing to part with.
    Regards,
    Eric

Hi Eric. Just ran across your thread.
    I have a bronze No. 2 that I have been debating about selling.
    Especially thinking it should sell for a good price because it is bronze and those are not available from LN.

See photo enclosed. It's in excellent condition and comes with an extra iron.
    Practically unused.

Acharya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2833.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	524637  

Acharya, sent you a PM. Thanks.

Kevin

Archarya, I just sent you a pm.

Any idea what these planes are worth? I have one and have had it for quite some time. Once in a while I do use it as the small size can be handy. At the same time the small size can be a bit awkward to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    Any idea what these planes are worth? I have one and have had it for quite some time. Once in a while I do use it as the small size can be handy. At the same time the small size can be a bit awkward to use.
    They are worth what someone will pay, and people will pay a lot.

see ebay for examples. Be sure to search in completed/sold items. Take into account the fees that come off of the top from your [seller's] end.

Also check Jim Bode.

The value on the used market will plummet when L-N gets their manufacturing issues resolved. Assuming "if ever" isn't a valid comment.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Plane found! Thanks Sawmill Creek!

Bode site has a #1 and #9 bronze listed. The two together are under $3,000. In the FWIW category.

Blog Entries
    My LN #1 bronze is used often. Even at today's inflated prices, it isn't for sale. The plane is more enjoyable than the money that would soon be gone if it was sold.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    They are worth what someone will pay, and people will pay a lot.

see ebay for examples. Be sure to search in completed/sold items. Take into account the fees that come off of the top from your [seller's] end.

Also check Jim Bode.

The value on the used market will plummet when L-N gets their manufacturing issues resolved. Assuming "if ever" isn't a valid comment.
    Based on my visit to L-N earlier in the year, they are increasing capacity. I get the feeling they are being very smart about the pace at which they are changing production to meet their demand. It was a very promising visit. It’s obvious they are more concerned with taking care of staff and maintaining high standards of quality than they are with quick answers to increased production.

Am certain you are correct. Plus: I’m also certain they play the long game. Elevated ( even nosebleed levels) prices in the secondary market serve to underpin their “cachet” as premium tools and investments, supporting overall market strategy and profitability. Chasing those sales would bring in big short-term $, but wreck the resale market like these two

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3283.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	525075

So I guess I have surpassed Elon Musk in wealth!

Well, if not in wealth, certainly in charm.