Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New sander giving me shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Does adjusting the speed control show any change? Waiting game here
    Yes but going from 1-6 on the speed control only change the measured voltage by 10% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    It's really weird that you have received two units with the same issue, but if they both came from the same supplier, perhaps it's a "batch"...

If you plug in a typical three prong outlet tester, does it light up correctly? (I know you checked manually but...)
    Jim, I don't have one but can get one over the weekend.

Check neutral to ground in the receptacle you’re using. Just checking what can be checked with what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Check neutral to ground in the receptacle you’re using. Just checking what can be checked with what you have.
    Tom, I did measure both hot to ground and neutral to ground. Both were as expected. I also tried both sanders in outlets on different circuits.

Sounds like a recall coming.

Blog Entries
    If it were my sander...until it is resolved with the manufacturer, I would place a double layer of electrical tape over the screw so I could use it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Is it the get75-6n? I have that one and I get shocked too. I was thinking it was static so I wrapped a bare wire around it and connected to some metal. Which hepa a little, but is annoying. I need to check mine for voltage. Thanks for posting this

That’s the same model I have. It’s never shocked me, but it’s one of the earlier produced ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Evans View Post
    Is it the get75-6n? I have that one and I get shocked too. I was thinking it was static so I wrapped a bare wire around it and connected to some metal. Which hepa a little, but is annoying. I need to check mine for voltage. Thanks for posting this
    Yes that is one I have