Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
this is all well and good, but um...has anyone tried to buy a vehicle recently?
Tried to buy a 2021 Honda Ridgeline at my stone's throw away dealer but said he had zero inventory until June/July (this was in April).

Found another dealer 10 miles away who had stock online. Got there and nope, real inventory didn't remotely match online and they had only 1 Ridgeline and it was a dealer demo with 400 miles on it--they had just gotten it in the previous night. Dealer said Ridgelines don't hang around long.
It was the wrong color (black...I wanted white) and it was the wrong trim level (Sport...I wanted Black Edition...3 levels above Sport) so I basically got the opposite of what I really wanted but I kinda needed it.
I like it but I miss all the bells and whistles I usually have. I'll drive it for a year or two when things settle down and then attempt to get exactly what I want.

That said, I sold my 2006, 110k miles, Double-Cab, Long-Bed Tacoma with horrible peeling clear coat but immaculate interior for 15k to a dealer. I posted it on Craigslist and had it sold in just under 2 hours! Paid 33k new in 2006. Amazing.