Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of a Used 3HP Sawstop PCS

Have you heard this quip?
    " My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them"

That’s a good one!

I recently found that OfferUp.com has more tools than CL around here.
    It looks like an easier way to post things too.

Were you considering getting one before this 'opportunity' came up? I hate to use that word here.

Anyway, if you weren't in the market, your value may be lower than the 2500.

I think it's fair and respectful to give her 2 prices: 1) To ME, it's loosely probably worth $X. but on the open market it's probably worth $Y. If you want to sell it on the open I can help you certainly and my first concern is that you're comfortable.

She may (as I do when I relinquish tools) sometimes derive a lot of value from selling at a discount to a good home...

2500-3000 considering what current price is, no tax on sale, no delivery fee even tho it was picked up at dealers not delivered to your house(which was another 100) and it is available now

As I understand it the seller already has expressed her interest in selling it to the family friend. To me it seems like $2500 is fair to everyone. Yes I'm sure you could probably get more out of it if you tried. She wants to feel good about it and if the family friend is okay with it then it's a done deal. Good will for both. I'd be all over it for 2500 if I was in that position.
    Last edited by Ronald Blue; 12-11-2020 at 1:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Were you considering getting one before this 'opportunity' came up? I hate to use that word here.

Anyway, if you weren't in the market, your value may be lower than the 2500.

I think it's fair and respectful to give her 2 prices: 1) To ME, it's loosely probably worth $X. but on the open market it's probably worth $Y. If you want to sell it on the open I can help you certainly and my first concern is that you're comfortable.

She may (as I do when I relinquish tools) sometimes derive a lot of value from selling at a discount to a good home...
    Let me be very clear that I am NOT purchasing the SawStop. I have a SawStop PCS and do not want to buy another one, even for resale. This sale is to a person who has helped her recently and in the past. I was just asked to give some advice on the value.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 12-11-2020 at 1:54 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by kent wardecke View Post
    Have you heard this quip?
    " My biggest fear is that I'll die and my wife will sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them"
    Yep, I quote that often to friends

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

my bad! Sorry.