Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Top dust collection: What are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I'm looking to put a dust skirt around the SawStop overhead dust collector. Does anyone know the source for one? Like the ones on CNC machines, or my panel saw.
    You can buy various lengths and bristle lengths of this from Amazon pretty cheap. Do a search for vacuum brush for CNC

Thanks, Chris. I'll take a look and post options for others.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    3" Sharkguard with a 5" bottom collection port on my G1023.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW you tell me...

Alan, Here is a link to what I used on my Floating Overarm Dust Collection. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dust_brush.jpg
    -
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved
    St. Joseph, MO

Search Amazon.com for "Strip Brush".

Quote Originally Posted by David Takes View Post
    Alan, Here is a link to what I used on my Floating Overarm Dust Collection. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dust_brush.jpg
    David:

I just got a similar one from Amazon. How did you attach it to the arm? I'm a little hesitant to glue it with a permanent glue, but can easily see it falling off otherwise. Mines on with two sided tape and duct tape for now.

Mine also was a little short of the needed length, so I have the back uncovered for now. Might have to buy an additional one for that short area, or just leave it alone.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off

Alan,

I ended up buying two lengths of it so it would extend all of the way around. I attached mine with industrial Velcro. So far so good, but hasn't had much use as I am still in the process of building out my shop with electrical, dust collection, machines, which will then lead to worktables, mitre station, cabinets...... I'm sure you know the routine. It's all coming together.
    -
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved
    St. Joseph, MO

I got one on Amazon, David, and am buying another one to fill in the gap.

You really need 100mm length for the back of the SawStop overhead guard.

Dave, thanks. That Fastcap product looks much better made, but about 3x the cost. FWIW.

On the open area of the back of the hood I made an acrylic piece that bridged that space to add support and provide an area to attach the brush. I used my laser and heat strip to fabricate the piece. Even without it, I think it would have held position as long as the adhesion on the sides is good. The glue holding the bristles together makes the upper area of the brush assembly fairly stiff.
    -
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved
    St. Joseph, MO