Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid Color Acrylic

Solid Color Acrylic

I have been looking for solid color acrylic and not having very much luck. Looking for 1/8 inch. One of the fads right now for women are these monogram necklaces and earings. You can do a google search for "plastic monogram necklace" or "acrylic monogram necklace". Looks like a good money maker. I have found very few suppliers of this material. By looking at some of the websites, they carry so many colors. Anyone here have a supplier or anywhere for me to look? Thanks.

John.......pretty much every acrylic supplier will have solid colors available......try TAP plastics, Johnson Plastics, US Plastics or even LaserBits. Where do you get your clear acrylic from? I'll bet who ever it is, they will sell solid colors.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

You can also try Delvies.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I've checked with most of those listed. I will do a little more research on them. I have actually spent hours searching, calling, and getting samples. Some of the suppliers you mention are great. Just don't carry the full line. JP carries only a few colors. I am looking for pink, hot pink, orange, different shades of blue, etc. Looks like all these colors are made in China. Some suppliers tell me they will custom make it but I have to but a train load. Plaskolite, a very big manufacturer only carry white, blue, yellow and red in what I am needing. However they carry so many more colors in the mirror acrylic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    You can also try Delvies.
    Thanks Mike. I had Delvies saved on my favorites but they just don't carry all the colors I was looking for. It looks like I will be placing my order with them. I found one small company that listed the colors I needed but out of stock on the harder to find ones. Looks like it's gonna be Delvies. Thanks.

Acrylite makes custom acrylic (expensive) but they have the largest range of products. Contact them to find a close distributer of thier products.

www.acrylite.net/product/acrylite/en/Pages/default.aspx

They used to have a nice sample pack they sent out for free.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I just purchased some colored acrylic from inventablesdotcom.

Very pleased with the product.
    Epilog 45 watt, Graphtec cutter-plotter, Corel Graphics Suite X3 - X4, HP and Vaio computers, woodshop.

"Trust, but Verify"

John, have you tried Gavrieli? They have the best selection of colors I've ever seen. http://www.gavrieli.com/acrylics.html
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Williams Michigan View Post
    I just purchased some colored acrylic from inventablesdotcom.

Very pleased with the product.
    Same here. give inventables a look
    Epilog Helix 60 watt
    Corel Draw x5
    Rotary Attachment
    Windows 7

I buy everything here https://www.inventables.com/
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

Thanks to all that have helped with this. Hopefully it has helped others as well. For anyone that hasn't checked out the acrylic monogram necklaces on an internet search, it may be worth looking at. Looks like a good money maker and it may lead to other projects as well. I spent about $100 at Michaels on necklace and earring supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    John, have you tried Gavrieli? They have the best selection of colors I've ever seen. http://www.gavrieli.com/acrylics.html
    do they sell laser size sheets or only big sheets?
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

This is a great list. One thing I've been having trouble finding is colored acrylic in thicknesses less than 1/8th" - I'm looking for 1/16" or 0.060". Gavrieli seems like the best potential source so far, but does anyone have a supplier for less-than-full sheets of colored 1/16" acrylic?

Tami, I think they only sell full sheets (4'x8') but you can always call them and ask, maybe there's a distributor that will cut them down for you.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

You can also contact Piedmont Plastics