Thread: Metal marking alternative to cermark

Metal marking alternative to cermark

I stumbled upon an alternative to cermark on the forms and thought i would give it a try. I requested a sample from ColorLaserProductions to which they sent me a whole bottle of black metal marking.
    This morning i have done some test burns and so far the results are a nice surprise. I am engraving SS tags and i can say that the product does seem to work contrary to some posts i have seen. The only issue so far that i have is that the color i am getting looks to be a slightly washed out black however that may very well just be settings i need to adjust. If anyone is interested ill post pictures of the end result.

I only wish the color versions that CLP had originially introduced worked ...
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

James, I'd like to see pics of the your tests, but still... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I still stand by Cermark since I know what it's going to do.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I'm also a Cermark fan but recently needed to do a job with the pearl and later with the bronze. I found both to be wanting and unsuitable for commercial work. The job was on newly forged steel which is a deep charcoal gray in color and the opacity of the Cermark just wasn't sufficient. Both adhered well.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7