Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lee Valley tool

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tringo View Post
    Does that mean there is a LH plow plane in the works then inquiring left handed minds want to know....
    Hi Chuck -

Yes - the LH tooling was ordered awhile ago. The small plow was our first plane with the new fence design, and so we only punted on the RH tooling, until we were sure it would all work out... LH version should be available early April ....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob,
    I'm a righty, but I applaud your dedication to those who are sinister sided. It gives us righties another option, and it let's everyone play in the game.

An idea for Derek

Derek I like the fence you made. Have you considered how easy it would be to expand your idea by making two fences, one for each side, and then cutting them to a 45 degree angle? This would allow you to put beading on a chamfer.

Best wishes, Eric

Hi Eric

Good idea. I will borrow it, if I may. I do recall recently seeing a scraper with flanking fences. I can't recall where ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

So the Veritas beading tool's "claim to fame" is its ability to place a bead on a curved edge.... right? It appears this was the void in the market Rob was filling?

Anything else?

Beading across the grain issues

I've had the LV beading tool for a little over a year and have used it on a couple of projects, the most recent of which was a shield for my son which not only had mulitiple curved edges but also had a convex curve to it. My most recent project has a face frame with quite a few curves on it. While the tool has worked well I do have some issues when I'm shaping across the grain. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this issue? I take shallow passes but there are times when I still end up with a somewhat rough cut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]