Thread: Table Saw Router extension brands

Table Saw Router extension brands

I am trying to decide between the MSLC or the Bench Dog ProMax cast iron table extension for routers. They are close in price etc. Does anyone have pros or cons on either one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gibson View Post
    I am trying to decide between the MSLC or the Bench Dog ProMax cast iron table extension for routers. They are close in price etc. Does anyone have pros or cons on either one of these?
    I don't have either extension but I have a bench dog router plate along with router plate from Incra and lift from Jessem. They're all quality router plate/lift. Bench dog router plates and lift dimension is 8.25x11.75 while most other router plates from Incra, Woodpeckers, Jessem are 9.25x11.75. I hate the bench dog plate when I need to unscrew the ring insert to replace the bit because I don't want to loose the position of the height so for me I would not get the Bench Dog extension. MSLC has both hole sizes so you have more choices when choosing a router plate for it. If I did not have a stand alone router table, I would get the MSLC and the Incra PRL-V2 lift.
    Mike
    I just realized that I was mistaken the Peach tree cast iron table extension with the MSLC mentioned above. The Peach Tree cast iron was what I am referring to.
    Last edited by Mike Nguyen; 08-10-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Wrong manufacture

I have the Benchdog and from what people here and on other forums told me, it is the choice to make. The MCLS, I heard, is not up to the same quality, nor are any other brands. In this purchase, I would say the one to get is clear. The Benchdog. That or make your own. It is solid! The miter gauge is great, the fence is nice and it works for me very well. Having the extension really made my shop far more efficient and solved many space and workflow issues. We recently had a "heated" debate on left or right side, but that is less important. Either works great!

i have a quality grinding extension with a woodpeckers plate and incra fence. with a steel/cast iron extension wing as long as its flat i don't think you notice much of a difference. quality grinding makes extension wings per order and are more or less custom pieces. they can make them any size you want. the mounting holes are drill based on your saw (they have some of the saws mounting hole dimensions) or they'll drill them to your specs.

I have a CI benchdog extension with the Benchdog lift, couldn't be happier. It's mounted to a 1940s Unisaw, with all that weight and a Milwaukee 5625 router it feels very similar to my shaper table, extremely solid. I would definitely recommend it!

I have seen some pretty nice looking 3 router setups, but I would really like to find a cast iron 3 router plate. Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever seen one or know if they are available?

give quality grinding a call. don't think they have cast iron though. they 'll certainly can make it your dimensions.