The wife and I (plus the cat) are vacating the 5 bedroom house we raised kids in. This way the various trades can come in and do their thing without having to work around occupants. We are hoping to list in Jan/Feb 2024. We are downsizing into an apartment. It is a nice place, but the landlord is very much a stickler about me drilling holes into things he owns. Our old place is walking distance to a good elementary school and there is no good reason for us to keep it.

I am looking for things like a countertop paper towel holder. I am going to have to build a freestanding knifeblock. While I am building the new one I will update the old one that mounts under the cabinets above the countertop.

This sort of thing. Where can we hang our hard earned degrees within our temporary home? What about the various candid snapshots we have of us and our friends on various adventures? Do I really need to build a credenza with a panel of French cleats above it to hang picture frames on?

It is an unfamiliar season, but we should end up in a 'pretty good house' that meets our needs for aging in place.

Thanks.