I've had a WorkSharp 3000 for a few years now. When I initially got it, I set up a few disks with the WS branded higher-grit sandpaper, and a few with coarser (and cheaper) sanding discs from the local hardware store for 'grinding'. As time went on, I added a few goodies here and there - wide blade attachment, tool rest bar, leather strop wheels, etc. Even CBN discs when those became available.

For the most part, I've been pretty happy with it - as long as I stayed inside the original envelope, or ecosystem, using sand paper. Stepping outside of that has been... frustrating, to say the least. Change discs to something other than the OEM glass discs with sand paper, and the thickness changes, which throws off the WBA table adjustments. Even when sticking with the glass disks and sand paper, with the WBA adjusted as flat / true to the disk surface as I can using a straight edge... if I take a blade/iron, mounted in a Veritas Mk II honing jig, from the WBA down to a diamond plate, without changing the angle or adjusting anything... the bevel angle is different. Every time. Super aggravating.

I realize that when I'm going from the sandpaper to the stones/plates, it's essentially going from grinding the primary bevel to honing the secondary bevel, so it shouldn't *really* matter if they match up exactly. In theory, if I flip the cam adjust on the roller for the honing jig, it'll definitely be different. But it's driving me nuts (short trip, I know) that 25 degrees up on the WBA isn't the same as 25 degrees down on the plate.

Those of you who have the WBA - or a shop-built version thereof - is this the experience you've had? Or do I have something mis-adjusted somewhere?