Though primarily a power tool user I do use a shooting board sometimes and have built and used two or three over the years. They are fine for what they do, but if you want to shoot some angle besides 90 or 45° you had to make a new fence, or add a shim. After I bought a CNC a few months ago I figured out how make a shooting board that allows you to easily shoot any miter angle from 90 to less than 45°, on either side of the board. It looks similar to most shooting boards at 90°.

But there is a unique pivot system and bearing that allow the pivot stop to rotate to any angle, and when it does the edge of stop remains exactly at the edge of that side of the shooting board.

There are replaceable and adjustable stops on the front of the pivot stop so you can adjust them for wear and replace when necessary.

An add-on bevel kit provides an additional pivot stop and 45° bevel ramp that allows you to shoot bevels from any miter angle from 90 to less than 45°.

The board can be adapted for use with LV's shooting plane guides, and also outfitted with a fixed 45° fence.

This shooting board satisfies the needs of most folks, unless you need to create bevels at angles other than 45°. Yes, you could make additional bevel ramps for other angles, but what if there were a board that could adjust to any bevel angle? Well, there now is.

Any miter angle, any bevel angle, on either side, all on one shooting board.

You can learn more about both shooting boards in the Classifieds section.

John