Is there such a thing as a design program that allows you to draw 2D front, side, and top views of an object that will then put them together to make a 3D model?

For the life of me I've tried to make 3D drawings in software like Sketchup (took classes, invested probably 100 hours over a month period) and failed. There's something about the logic that my brain can't do, and in Sketchup in particular, even if it looked OK there was always some hidden surface that was mucked up or failed to close rendering the drawing useless.

I can look at the classic views of an object and envision it perfectly (better than looking at a 3D representation), and they are trivially easy to draw, at least for the kinds of simple objects I build.

I need to make drawings of these spool ends (slightly modified to get rid of asymmetry and internal structure) suitable for prototyping by 3D printing and then sending to a CNC lathe (sadly the machinist who made the injection molds for these melted them down for recycling):

IMG_7086.jpgIMG_7299.jpg