Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
Great work, Mike. Nothing like a simple inlay pattern to get your juices flowing. A soldering iron or (heaven forbid), your wife’s curling iron and a few spritzes of water will bend stringing nicely as well. I finally sprung for a bending iron, but certainly not necessary.

The 1/8” thick inlay piece is certainly less stress when it comes to leveling with the surrounding surface...hate when I sand through something that took hours to make!

I might add that I often build as I go. Just seems easier to line up parts without lots of pre-measurements and fingers crossed that it all fits. Great build...thanks for posting.
I’m totally with you Phil – sanding through in commercial veneers is the worst! I guess I’m still figuring out Inlay veneers/relatedmaterials. The Robert Lang book of Stickley inlays incorporates a lot of metal silver, copper etc. and the inlays and I can’t yet figure out how you’re supposed to do that or what kind of metal stockYou’re supposed to order. Maybe next time around I’ll give it a try.

Best, Mike