Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
Stuff here goes Pending or Contingent within a day or two of listing. It sure would be nice to be able to find a $200-400K property around here, but that's just not going to happen! Sometimes, there's a property in the mid-300s that needs a ton of work, but those most often get scarfed up in cash deals to flippers. We have seen and bidding on a property at $480K plus escalator, but that sold for $510K which was above our ceiling for that offer based on the property. (would have had to build a building there and the logistics of that would have been "fun" due to the nature of access from the street)
I am pretty much on the edge of the metro area here. For the most part, finding anything under $300,000 is rare. $300k to $400k is about as cheap as it gets. My three acre lot and 1,300 square foot house are worth about $325k.

If someone wants to live closer in then the prices are more like $450,000 and up to live in a decent suburb. I really wish I had waited a couple of years to sell my previous house. I could have netted another $100,000 while prices out where I live now didn't go up that much in the same time.