Thread: Rant; Ebay is sort of blocking my purchases

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rant; Ebay is sort of blocking my purchases

For the last six months ebay has forgotten my credit card info. For every purchase i have to type in the number, expiration date and code number. Not a huge deal. Well we moved and I told ebay and the credit card compnay. Now about 75% of the time ebay refuses to accept my card. Once it refuses for a seller it never lets me buy from them. i have to find a different seller who hopefully has the item.
    They say to reenter the info and try again, check with card company etc. I checked with the company and it is not on their end. Called ebay today and she tried. a few things no go. She put me on hold while she tries some higher ups to help. 2.5 hours on hold and nothing. I had to leave work and go home.
    No email no call back nothing.
    Should I cancel the card and wait a week or two to get a new one? We only have the one card since we dumped the extra never used cards. Kind of hard to have no working card so soon after buying a new house and needing to buy stuff for the house. No guarantee the new card will work any better. no other company has an issue with the card.
    Bil lD
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 02-11-2021 at 10:29 PM.