Good morning everyone,

My apologies if there’s a better place for this post, or if I’ve missed an obvious place to find the information I’m looking for. I’m having a bit of a difficult time sourcing lumber and I wonder if the forum might help me out. My wife and I recently retired and moved back to my home state of Wisconsin. Prior to that we were stationed in Northern California and I was utterly spoiled having MacBeath just about an hour away from me and I literally could get whatever kind of lumber I wanted, whenever I wanted.

Again I find myself somewhat spoiled with the amount of Amish communities around us, thereby satisfying pretty much all my domestic needs, but I have yet to find anyplace where I can reliably get imported hardwoods. I’m going to need a LOT of mahogany coming up as I’m turning one of our downstairs rooms into a old-fashioned wood-paneled study that I hope would make the Greenes and Halls smile. That’s in addition to our bedroom set, a desk, and possibly dining set as well.

We’re only about 90 minutes away from the Twin Cities in Eau Claire, WI but thus far have only come up with the typical woodworker ‘box store’ like Rockler or Woodcraft. I’d really appreciate any insight from folks back here in the Midwest. I spent the majority of my time in the Air Force on the road so 6-8 hours driving isn’t really a big deal and I’d be willing to plan an overnight trip with a trailer if need be to load up a batch if the selection was worth the drive.

Much thanks in advance!