2020 has obviously been one for the record books. What trends have you noticed in your area?

Unfortunately I'm finding that more people are coming to me with things they've already bought and would like engraved. Some of these projects I've turned away because it's not worth the headache and some of I've taken on as a challenge and been successful at. I've also noticed people have been asking if I even accept products that haven't been bought in my shop. Although this is nothing new I've heard from these customers that most other places won't accept products not purchased in house.

I've also seen a shift even with vendors and what they were pushing for 2020. Johnson Plastics and JDS have really focused on personalized gifts. Seems as though corporate awards and incentives are becoming a thing of the past. I've noticed a decrease in plaques and awards from 5 and even 10 yrs ago. I had one customer who is part of the local government switch from plaques to paper certificates. They will only hand out plaques if the employee is retiring and has been there for more than 5 yrs.

What's your take?