Thread: Trotec Job Control 11 Worth It?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trotec Job Control 11 Worth It?

I have Trotec Job Control 10 (latest v10 version) but am unable to upgrade to 11 or Ruby without upgrading the motherboard of my Speedy 2/300 from serial only to USB/serial. The upgrade cost is $1900 plus a little of my own labor. I recently obtained a 2003 speedy 300 and it only has 2600hrs on it, a new tube, and it’s in very nice condition; the machine seems to function perfectly short of a odd vibration every so often while under operation, minor vibration doesn’t effect prints (still digging to find the root of that one. It’s not x, y, or z). The question is, is the $1900 motherboard upgrade worth the squeeze, which will allow JC 11 and/or Ruby, plus sonar and JC vision (if I wanted the bells and whistles)? The other options are leave it as it is on v10 or sell the current unit and upgrade to a more modern speedy unit. From research I cannot see the difference between a 2003 speedy 300 and a new one short of the USB, the iRadion tube vs Synrad, the ability to add flexx (non factor for me), and their new Optimotion technology (still not sure if this is software or hardware). It would be much appreciated to get some pointers on if JC11 is worth $1900 vs JC10 or a potential unit upgrade and any other ancillary benefits that could come with an upgrade vs a 2003 model. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 11-14-2020 at 9:39 PM.