Thread: Xenetech Beware

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xenetech Beware

Just wanted to caution anyone that still runs Xenetech equipment to not pay in advance for any parts, new equipment, or upgrades from Xenetech. My apologies if this is already posted somewhere else.

I bought my engraving shop in Jan. 2020 which included 3 Xenetech machines. Two lasers and an rotary engraver. The former owners had nothing but good things to say about Xenetech. In July, my larger laser was starting to have problems with the laser power falling off most likely a CO2 needing recharged. I researched getting this re-charged but decided to ask Xenetech about an replacement. "Guy" at Xenetech sold me on getting an Iradion laser upgrade that would drop into my machine and make it better than new. Told me about all the scams surrounding companies that recharge lasers and did a great job of selling me on an upgrade. Hey.... I had no worries as everything I heard about Xenetech was how great they were. I was wrong. Xenetech required that I pay for the upgrade upfront by wire transfer which I did. Guy said the lead time would be about 2 weeks. This payment was thousands of dollars. Again, I had no worries based on everything I had heard.

We are now in October and no laser, my emails are not responded too and I can get nothing from them other than be patient. I decided to check the Better Business Bureau which I should have done to begin with. Xenetech has many complaints of taking payments up front for parts and in one case an entire new machine but no delivery and no refund. There are so many small engraving shops that have had this happen that we are collecting contact info to pool our resources to go after them. Just go the BBB and type in Xenetech Global. Read the complaints. Mine is going to be filed this week.

https://www.bbb.org/us/la/baton-roug...c-0835-1001853

Long story short is please don't pay them in advance for anything. Make them send the replacement part or upgrade to you first and then pay only if it works. Based on the people I have made contact with, Xenetech owes in excess of $100K to shops that have paid in advance and received nothing. If anyone here is in the situation please respond or email me.

I'm new to Sawmill Creek. I hope this can stay up long enough to help others that may be in my situation. Maybe if enough of us get together we can recover some of the money we have given them.

Thank You

Jim Morris
    Triumph Awards & Signs
    Lebanon, Mo
    Last edited by Jim M Morris; 10-25-2020 at 4:48 PM.