Thread: Epilog Mini 24 vs. Trotec Speedy 100

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Epilog Mini 24 vs. Trotec Speedy 100

Imagine this subject has been beaten to death but wanted to ask some other questions that I have not seen much around answers on. Just a quick background on my intended use. Mainly engrave wooden blocks, trivets, ornaments. Most of these are words, phrases and sometimes logos. Nothing too involved from a design perspective.

1. Speed - I know Trotec has the faster speed but where would that come into play? Based on what I am doing don't know that the fastest of speed is needed.

2. Software - I know Epilog uses Corel. Not sure if Trotec does as well or if there is more of a learning curve on one vs the other.

3. Power - with mainly engraving and maybe some minimal cutting, is there a minimal wattage that is recommend. I know the Epilog Mini is a 30 watt. Trotec has a 30 and 60 and the rep said 60w would be the better choice.

From an exhaust perspective, would any one have recommendations for either of these. I know the HF 1 HP dust collector I believe would work but I have owned that prior as a dust collection system and would like something quieter than that. The Trotec rep mentioned something about a Turbo Inline fan.

Any other feedback people have between these 2 is welcome. I don't really have an issue with either and imagine I would be happy with either one compared to my 50w eBay I currently own.
    Last edited by Joseph Mazey; 10-21-2020 at 11:01 AM.