I'm looking hard at buying a SCM Minimax FS 30C or 41C. I am a hobbiest woodworker that really does most of my work with hand tools. I do not own a jointer and flatten all my stock with hand planes and sometimes thickness through a planer if I have a bunch to get through. Otherwise I will also thickness with handplanes. I'm on a very tight budget but also don't want to buy a cheap piece of equipment. I like the idea of these combo machines as my shop space is tight and really like the width these jointers offer along with being able to plane with the same machine.

My ultimate question is about spending the extra $700+ for a Xylent cutter head, which I assume is just their version of a carbide helical cutter head. After reading a little I honestly think I would prefer the Tersa cutter head for the surface that it offers when knives are sharp, not to mention changing out the knives sounds unbelievably easy on the Tersa. Does anyone here have any experience with one or both of these types of cutters? Also is this machine worth looking at?