Thread: Re : "I do not have permission to view photos"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I read Peter's copious posts over the last month and don't see where he disparaged anyone. Looks like he will be an asset where ever he winds up.
    Wade, I'd argue that publicly complaining about the upcoming subscription only format is disparaging. Peter is the one who brought up his personal situations. I only replied to that because I too am retired, on a fixed income and have financial obligations to meet. That's life. I find $6 annually a trivial amount and have a hard time believing most people who are woodworkers, have internet service and a computer to post, can't afford $6.

For the umpteenth time. Keith and Jackie have suffered enough financial hardships in the past for the benefit of SMC while contributing hundreds of hours behind the scenes to provide SMC for our benefit primarily. It's like being a dairy farmer. You can't get away from it because it's located a short distance from your home. I know. I visited them for a couple hours, a couple years ago .

Like Dan, I am ever indebted for what I have learned from those who post here, for the information I gained here at SMC. I hope that SMC is able survive as resource subscription based or otherwise for many years to come. I came to SMC from a manufacturer's forum where a couple of self anointed experts ruled the roost in an unkindly manner and if you were a "newby" (I hate that term) who asked a question you were publicly and verbally whipped. One guy said he was leaving, he'd found a forum where people were humane, kind, considerate, and an inexperienced woodworker could ask a question without enduring a public bashing. He mentioned the name SawMillCreek.org and I haven't been back to that manufacturer's forum since. The manner I built my shop was influenced by SMC members, the tools I have bought and placed in my shop were influenced by SMC members. The woodworking I do has been influenced by SMC members.

And yet...…. without SMC, the information would not have any value at all to anyone but the person who has the information in their head. If Keith says the income being generated won't support the website, then either revenue needs to increase or expenses decrease to keep the Creek from drying up. Again. I don't believe most people appreciate the amount of work, Keith, Jackie and Aaron have given to keep the Creek flowing in the past.

IMO, it's the civil attitude maintained by the TOSs and the Moderators here at SMC that allows the true value of the information of the members be enjoyed.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-05-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....