Thread: Paying for a Battery Warranty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paying for a Battery Warranty

I may be in the market for a new battery in the not to distant future. I'm looking a group 65 batteries, with 650 CCA's. Duralast from Autozone, north side of $100, Interstate from COSTCO, right at $100. Duralast has free replacement for three years, while Interstate has one year free replacement. Walmart Valuecraft, $50 with one year free replacement. Next level of Walmart, $98 dollars with two year free replacement. Third (850 CCA's) from Walmart $120 with three year free replacement. All are made by Exide for Walmart. Fifty dollar and ninety eight dollar look to be the same, except for stickers. They both weigh the same amount, which means they contain the same amount of lead. So most likely I would be paying almost twice as much for identical batteries with differing lengths of warranty. No matter which I choose, I will use CC that extends manufacturer's warranty another year, so most likely I would buy cheaper one. While in Costco, I noticed they sell Interstate lawn tractor batteries, 230 CCA for around $35, with 6 month warranty. Go to Walmart and buy 230 CCA battery for $22 with one year warranty. At Walmart, for $30 I can jump up to 340 CCA battery. It definitely pays to shop around when buying a battery. FYI previous batteries have been Bosch Professionals which last on average nine years. Our 1994 (made in Aug 1993) Areostar has had three batteries in it, including the original
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 04-24-2019 at 9:46 PM.