I'm sure this has been discussed, just couldn't find the thread(s).

House/garage is about 20 years old. Reasonably well constructed (as far as I can tell). My workshop is a 3-car garage. 1-car garage door on one side. 2-car garage door on the other side. Floor-to-ceiling support between the garage doors. Mancave full bath on the backside of the 2-car side. Recessed area and stairs on the backside of the 1-car side. Stairs go to a BIG attic over all of this. There are no ceiling-to-floor supports across/inside the three (3) car bays. Makes for a nice big open area. Good and bad??

To me, it's not a matter of will the ceiling sag....just when and how much. I try hard to keep all my attic "stuff" on the perimeter, as close to over the outside walls as possible, to minimize the load in the center of the attic/garage ceiling. I am very hesitant to build any type of ceiling-hung storage racks inside the garage/workshop. I do have wall-hung lumber storage racks, clamp racks, tool rack, etc.

I've tried to Google/You-Tube calculations for wall and ceiling loads. I have found nothing, reasonably simple, that can tell me a) am I being overly concerned about additional low/moderate ceiling loads and b) safe wall loads.

Should I install a couple of floor-to-ceiling pipe supports in the garage? I'd appreciate any suggestions, examples, or experiences (good or bad) that you might have.