I'm a newbie to the site and fairly new to engraving. I've been reading past threads and have learned a lot here already. There aren't many places with this much experience and knowledge about engraving to learn from. I bought a small engraving business from a 96 year young gentleman about 2 years ago. Most of his regular customers moved on as he was slacking in his quality and speed a little. With the deal i got a beveler , a table shear and an old New Hermes manual engraver ITF-K. Id guess from the sixties? I have some regular customers with one of them giving me an order of 40 - 60 2 x 10 nameplates every month. (main reason I got involved) I'm not looking to make a living off this just hope to have something to keep me busy when I retire and a little extra income. I do have 2 larger jobs i fell into coming up. One of them is 1300 1/2 x 3 name tags and the other is about 50 8 x 12 signs with 3 or 4 lines each. Now I could do these on the New Hermes but thought it might be time to upgrade and am hoping the 1/2 x 3 job leads to another one like it. Now the question I cant decide on... I can get a new Roland EXG-30A for about $4000 or a used Gravograph IS400 that is about 10 yeas old for $5800. $1175 of that is for a one year parts warranty . I was really hoping to stay at the $4000 mark but from reading on here not sure what to do. I'm not bad on the computer , done some video and photo editing but no experience in the software for these machines. Id like to see the business grow a some but hate to put to much money into it to when everything is fine the way it is. Then again the initial investment is paid off so i could do a little upgrade. I'm 55 but am hoping to retire from my main job a couple years early if possible. I'm tired of arguing with myself on this and could use an opinion from someone with more knowledge than me! Thanks