I took delivery of 160bf of 8/4 QSVG cherry a few days ago. It all had one live edge.

Anywho I started cleaning it up today. Putting a straight line one one side, jointing the ripping to width. I found a number of boats with not only fairly large tracks but also live larvae.

I cut away all wood with tracks and then took another .5-1”. Mostly it seemed the tracks only existed in the sapwood.

So I have a few concerns. First I have a shop full of very expensive exitic lumber I have been hoarding. Is this lumber now at risk. The cherry has been in my shop for 2-3 days. I then milked it up today creating a serious cherry dust bomb. When I was done I immediately removed all the infected cut offs and vacuumed my shop head to toe including my dust collector ts and every inch of my shop.

My second concern is this limber is to build a table and a desk for a client along side a kitchen. The whole project is over six figures being euro sycamore, QS cherry, and maggascar ebony. Do I run the risk of these bugs becoming a problem down the road if I build with it and they are still inside my boards even if I think I cut them all out.

I’m pretty freaked out as I Siena $3500 on the stock and gave tens of thousands of dollars of exotic woods in my shop.

Right now the cherry is still in my shop but I’m thinking it needs to go ASAP!?

Thoughts?