As the title says. I'm new to the forums. A number of searches for different woodworking questions led me here for answers so I figured it would be a good community to join.

I'm a software engineer by trade but have always worked with wood since I was little. My parents use to design and make "proof of concept " crafts for Watermark, which was a crafts company that sold on shopping channels such as qvc. They would design and make the plans which were sold to the company to license and produce. I spent a lot of time helping where I could, as I got older being able to help more and more.

Before I went into software I worked construction doing everything from footers to finish work, my favorite parts being roughing in and electrical.

I am building up my tools and working on whatever projects I can, nothing fancy but serviceable for the projects I've tackled so far. Interested in the more intricate jointing methods.

We live on a small homestead right now, we have goats for milk, chickens for eggs, raise a couple turkeys each year for the holidays and meat rabbits. Hoping to get a larger plot of land to grow our little operation.

That being said, most of the projects I take on fit in one of two categories, something needed for the animals or a fun project for the house that lets me explore different woodworking methods. We occasionally do "upcycling" to make something new out of something old.

My shop is a prefab 10x20 shed that I wired and will soon be insulating. It's small but gets the job done. I enjoy being out there and am slowly finishing the building into what I envision for it.

Anyway, before I get too long winded, I'm glad to be here!