My wife brought be to acme tools and walked over to the saw stop and said "merry christmas," the day before new years eve... I was shocked, but before I take delivery I am a little disheartened about giving up my old saw now that the time has come... It is a 1956 Walker Turner 2221 built like a tank and runs like a dream... I had to completely take it apart when I first got it. But even after the rehab there are some big downsides

Cons:

1.Dust collection is terrible even with a 6" pipe connected to the back and a custom acrylic motor cover there is still too much air leak in other spots to be effective...
2. It is really difficult change the blade angle as the trunion is mounted to the table rather than the cabinet and the trunions easily get gummed up with sawdust...
3. Blade changes take a while, no arbor lock, and difficulty getting hands in near blade...
4. Homemade splitter only, no riving knife... Also time consuming to put on and take off with two allen screws.
5. Unable to make Zero clearance inserts as the recess into the saw is very shallow and no place to secure it... I have over come this by just plunging into a sheet of 1/4" mdf when needed...
6. safety feature...

Pros:
1. The cast iron table is much bigger... It measures 32.5 inches deep X 46 inches vs. sawstop's which is 27 inches deep X 44 inches wide...
2. The 1 hp motor on it is a beast I can run my 8" dado through hardwoods without a hiccup, no comparison to the "1 hp" motors of today... However, I did get the 3hp option with the 36" fence.
3. it was built in 1956 and when i took apart the saw, man those parts were so beautifully machined and stout...
DSC_0809.jpgDSC_0816.jpgDSC_0825.jpgDSC_0807.jpgDSC_0813.jpg

What is a reasonable price to ask for my old saw...?