Ok, I don't mean to beat on any dead horses, but...
I happen to have a few extra bucks on hand, and the 771 is on closeout. I have a typical late 80's vintage Craftsman contractors saw. I used it as a General Contractor, and have been using it for the last 6 years as a woodworker. I did upgrade it with a U50 Vega fence, which was a HUGE in grade for it. I've also sealed it up as best you can one of these saws, and added a dust chute underneath. I'm confident that I can get $300 for it in rather short order, which cuts the price of the Grizzly nearly in half. I know own that it has cabinet mounted trunions like a true cabinet saw, which is a huge plus, and I can plug it right into my current 110v outlet, yet have the capability to switch it to 220 at some point.
I have done some browsing and the other threads about this saw have quite a bit of age under them so I thought I'd post this and see if I can get any perspectives from owners who have now had one for a while.
I am fully aware of the shortcomjngs of the fence. So, besides that, what is your opinion?