I'm struggling through my first large project, which is building a baby crib/toddler/twin bed from a popular plan. I have a great deal of white oak available to me, which is what I have been using. For the plywood pieces in the plan, I bought a 3/4" sheet of white oak plywood, which was on the pricey side.

After cutting the pieces from the sheet, I stored them flat, but apparently not well, because over the months of delays, they have all developed a slight warp. I would say that the concave is 1/8-1/4" depending on the piece. I've read that applying warm moisture (water in my case) to the concave side and letting the plywood sit in the sun on a flat surface with the concave side down, could straighten the piece as the moisture is equalized across the concave/convex sides. The various recommendations also suggested that the process could go rather quickly. After letting the plywood sit in the sun for a couple of hours (and looking after it every 5-10 minutes), it seems that all I accomplished was to raise the grain a little on the side I applied the moisture. The warp is holding steady at level I started at.

Any recommendations short of buying another sheet and starting over? The plywood forms the structure of the crib/toddler bed/twin bed, and is edged with about 3/4 by an inch of oak. Will the warp work itself out as I secure the edging? Would hate to put everything together and find that the plywood pieces stay warped or conform the edging to the warp.

Dave