Thread: Help With Drawing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help With Drawing

First, I am still learning Corel, only using it for about a month now. Still learning lots with the laser also, same time period. I have several questions. 1. Attached (hopefully is a file of a logo. There are 3 images in the file, The bottom one is a scanned image of the original. The upper left is a tracing of the image that was done in sketchup, converted to a dxf file, and cut on a plasma cutter. Amazingly it worked well for a first attempt at doing this sort of thing. Next the same file was sent to corel as an eps file, the lines were changed to hairline and cut on my laser. Another surprising thing happened. It worked. Next the lines were changed to another size and it engraved properly. WOW 3 for 3 so far. My problem comes when I try to color fill (upper right). I know things aren't filling properly because I have open spots in some of the curves but I don't know how to fix them. What I would like to do is to make the outer border hairline so it will cut, and fill with black and some grey so it will engrave. I have tried several things in Corel to make this work with no luck, the Bezier tool, the contour tool (no idea how that works or the concept behind it), and a few other things. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. 2. Also (I haven't figured out how to make paragraphs here yet) I have now read back about 206 pages of post here. I ran across a post where there were several folders of memorial art posted. These may be very helpful to me, I would like to thank the poster, however I can't open any of them. Any ideas why? 3. Next I ran into a file of a very impressive inlayed chess table. The inlays in the corners look useful for a table I am doing but again I am having the same trouble as listed in problem #1. 4. Finally, I realize many of you like to see the equipment listed someone has so you know better how to help. How do you attach this info. Hope this isn't too many questions in one post. Thanks, John
    Attached Files Attached Files