It looks as if my wife and I will be moving into a new house, which would allow me to expand my workshop from its current one-car garage size to an over-sized 2 car garage, and I will be hiring an electrical contractor to bring electrical service to the garage. (We are trying to finalize the purchase of a short sale house that has taken FOREVER, but that's another story!) If we are successful, and it now appears that we will be, I will need to decide if I should get 200 amp service or if a 100 amp will suffice.

Following is a list of the larger stationary tools I either already have or plan on having some day. Of course, not listed, are all the smaller hand held tools and accessories most of us have in our shops. I am not yet aware of the amp requirement for the ductless HVAC I will have installed or that for the overhead lighting.

Any opinions on the size of service I might require for a one man hobby shop? The total here is 158 amps not including the HVAC, the overhead lighting, the air filter, or the portable hand tools.

Thanks.

18" Bandsaw 10a 220v
20" Planer 30a 220v
12" Jointer 18a 220v
Osc Edge Sander 18a 110v
Oneida Cyclone 14.5a 220v
TableSaw 13a 220v
Drill Press 9a 110v
Performax Drum Sander 9a 110v
16" Bandsaw 11.5a 110v
Air Filter ?
Air Compressor 15a 110v