Quote Originally Posted by David Keller NC View Post
Fred - in an earlier post you noted that you regarded Marcou, Konrad Sauer and Holtey as high-end sports cars. What I'll note is that a Holtey infill will cost you approximately 3-4 times what a Konrad Sauer of the same design and size will cost, and perhaps as much as 6 times as much as one of Phillips. And about 10 times as much as one you didn't mention - Ron Brese. You also have the option of Wayne Anderson, who does something a little different. His infills aren't a close reproduction of any one particular historic brand (such as Spiers or Norris).

One other thing to realize is that Philip generally makes a different design than Holtey, Sauer, Anderson, Brese - his are bevel-up, non-infill planes. Anyway, if knowing that you'll be spending 1/6th as much as a Holtey for one of Philip's planes provides an excuse, you're welcome.
David,

I really like your logic and other than my dogs I have no SWMBO that might think the money could be better suited for something foolish such as jewlery, trips shoes or other completely non-essential items.

I am very much hoping to meet Ron Brese at the upcoming Woodworking in America show in October. I am also hoping to have used enough "extra" money to purchase a Marcou and so not be as tempted by Ron's planes. Not too mention Sauer & Steiner and Clark & Williams.

Fred