Thread: AccuSquare MuleCab Fence Oweners Out Here?

AccuSquare MuleCab Fence Oweners Out Here?

Hi all -
    My first cigarette money ww purchase - a new TS fence.
    I've got my eye on the MuleCab AccuSquare.
    Any users out there?
    What are its pros? Cons?
    Would you buy this fence again?
    Any owners out there of the Euro-stop block accessory?
    Thank you.
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

I owned one on my old contractors saw and I have mixed reviews. I really like the t-slots, but other than that I really didn't care for the fence. It required removal fromt he end, mine flexed.

You might take a look at the Vega Pro, about the same price and one hell of a fence for the money IMHO.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Howard,

Spend you hard earned money on the Vega Pro fence system. I have researched the Mulecab fence system and gotten the info on it in the snail mail. The design is good and functional. The problem with the fence as a TS fence is that is does flex a good bit and I for one have a tendency to apply decent pressure against a fence while making a cut. This is most evident when cutting sheet goods on the TS. A large sheet of 3/4 ply pushed up against the mulecab fence will for sure result in fence flexing.

I have had the Vega Pro on a previous saw setup and I sure wish I had it back.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Howard, I've had the Vega for several years now and I love it. Easy to use, no flexing, and very accurate.

DK

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg
    Hi all -
    Any users out there?
    What are its pros? Cons?
    Thank you.
    Howard
    I have had one for a couple of years and works great. Haven't found flexing or having to slide it off the end to be a problem (how often do you do that anyway).

My 2 cents

Love mine. Have the router fence accessory with it also. No issue with the flexing part of it. Yes, it does flex some. but not noticeable in my cuts. Of course, anything is great compared to the old original grizzly fences I had. Steve

Any users out there?

Yep, I have one and have been pleased with it.

What are its pros? Cons?

Pros - straight forward installation, competitive price, t tracks, easy one handed adjustments
    Cons - have to remove from end of rail, all aluminum (not as beefy as steel)

Yes - I have used it for a year now and it has performed accurately and made my saw operations safer/more comfortable. I haven't had a flex problem - but I don't put a tremendous amount of pressure on the fence.

Looked at it but decided to make my own using the t tracks available on the fence.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg
    Hi all -
    Any users out there?
    What are its pros? Cons?
    Thank you.
    Howard
    Howard, congratulations on the "cig" money. I've managed to save wll over $2000 this last year. Well, didn't save it all but I sure didn't spend it on cig's.

Using stock fence on PM 66 and love it. Paid for mostly with cig savings.

I'd like to suggest the Incra TS-3a fence. Woodpeckers is a good place to read up about them and purchase. I got lucky and found a good deal on eBay (serach 'incra').

I've had this on my Griz 1023Z TS for just over a year now. I just love the accuracy and repeatability.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.