OK, fine. It's NOT "new", but rather a '92. Still, "new" to me. To be exact, a '92 Chevy, S-10 Tahoe in super condition with very, very minimal surface rust. I swear the interior is like new, with power windows, door locks, AC, stereo, etc... Brand new tires all the way around, too! And a real beaut of a topper, to boot. One of those with the side windows that lift up and all. Oh yeah...This thing only has 69K miles on it! And them's *honest* miles, too. I got it from the second owner, the first being his dad.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time, though. Jim, the guy I bought it from, works in our department and casually came by this morning and asked if I'd be interested. I said sure, but I couldn't possibly afford anything until we get the house sale finalized. He said he's picking up his new ride tomorrow and if he knows for sure that I'll take it, he won't do the trade on it and only wants what they were going to give him on the trade. That would be $1500.00, BTW. Still, I couldn't do it until the 15th of next month. Well, are you ready for this?

He says, "Well, if it's all the same to you, I'd just as soon you give me $25.00 cash every Monday until it's paid off. If you want it, I'll bring the title tomorrow." Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. You see, Jim's SWMBO gives all of $15.00/wk "allowance". (Strange, 'cuz he's the main family income. Whatever.) This way, he figures I'm doing HIM a favor, as now he'll have some extra pocket cash every week without having to "beg" his bride for some when he runs out. Hey, works for him, works for me!

So, the next break, we walked over to the parking ramp and I got my first peek at this thing. Whew! Clean and I do mean clean! Took it for a quick spin and it feels like something with only 70K on it. Needless to say, it was a handshake and done deal, on the spot! I'm a happy camper. Anyone know somebody in need of a decent '91 S-10?