Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
I've come to find the debates about whether US power should be called 220, 230, or 240 somewhat amusing. If I measure it, especially in the summertime, I can have any (or all) of those over the course of a day. For what it's worth, the outlets I have are labeled for 250V.
Someone, somewhere may have declared a standard, but the power company delivers whatever it is able to on any given day. I'd guess it averages 232-235.
Your power sounds good. Utility service spec is apparently +/- 5%, 228-252 volts for 240v nominal in the US.
I’m also always a little amused when this comes up, was pretty much expecting it when I posted y reply. To add to the fun every AC electric motor nameplate in my shop is marked either 115 or 230v and there’s a reason for that too.

I think the important thing in discussions is everyone understands that when people refer to 220, 230, and 240v they are all referring to the same thing. I usually try to use the same numbers as the OP (or the person I’m talking to.) I did this just a little while ago when a friend called about a problem with his hot tub heater. (we got it debugged and fixed during the call - yay!)

JKJ