Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
Tom - In answer to your question, my longer range plans are to build a separate mechanical room or shed as you put it for the DC and air compressor. But for now, to get the system up and running, I decided to install the DC where it is shown. It is elevated as high as it will go without hitting the mezzanine floor joists. BTW, your DC installation and shop for that matter look great! I can only hope that mine looks half as good as yours and Ken's when done. After looking closely at your setup I decided to make another change of plans and give up on the idea of angling the wye branches downward. The way you and Ken installed yours looks like it should. Is it possible to post some additional pics of your setup showing duct hangers, vertical supports, various machine connections, etc?
Steve I'll post what I think you are asking for. If you want me to zoom in on a machine connection or some other detail let me know and I'll gab another photo. As for hangers I used two types. For the main 8" trunk I went with a more rigid two piece clamping hanger with 2 lengths of all thread which I connected to Sammys 3/8-16 x 2 Threaded Rod Hanger for Wood that I screwed into the ceiling joists through a washer. For all my 6" pipe I used a Tear Drop Pipe Hanger. one at least every 10 feet. for vertical drops I made clamping wall mounts using one of part of a 6" two piece clamping hanger and made a BB piece to mount to the wall.

Sammys.jpg WIN_20190929_17_29_37_Pro.jpg WIN_20191015_15_48_51_Pro.jpg WIN_20191027_17_44_37_Pro.jpg

Here are various views of the full installation inside the shop.

DSC03183.jpg DSC03184.jpg DSC03185.jpg DSC03190.jpg

Well I reached the 8 picture limit. Let me know if there is some detail I missed that you are interested in.